Pharmaceutical Compliance Training
The SafeRx Act was revised to include 2 credits of mandatory continuing education on cultural competency or specialized clinical training focusing on patients or clients who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender nonconforming, queer, or question their sexual orientation or gender identity and expression (“LGBTQ”).
The next renewal period is coming up – February 28, 2020; and the DC BOP has changed the requirements for renewal to include 2 CEUs that must come from a specific category.
Given the pace of change and the multiple channels through which we all acquire our information, we wanted to be sure that you and your compliance team are updated on a change made by the DC Board of Pharmacy in regard to the DC SafeRx Act which requires the licensure of pharmaceutical representatives in their jurisdiction.
In addition to our other approved SafeRx materials, CMR Institute has created and received approval for a course to meet this requirement:
Proving Affirming Healthcare to LGBTQ Communities
- This course summarizes important LGBTQ terminology and concepts.
- The course also provides information describing the specific needs of these populations, and describes ways to provide optimal healthcare to the LGBTQ populations.
Important SafeRx Links
- Info about the DC SafeRx Act: https://dchealth.dc.gov/node/185802
- Info about CMR’s approved courses for the DC SafeRx Act: http://www.cmrinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SafeRx_2019-2020-CEU-CMR-info.pdf
- Course registration link for learners: https://www.cmrinstitute.org/course-registration/
If you have questions or wish to gain assistance with this important compliance area for representatives in DC, please reach out to our student services team at email@example.com or 800.328.2615.