CMR Institute offers specialized oncology business acumen training to life sciences companies with an oncology portfolio. This training gives sales professionals the knowledge and ability to effectively converse with all stakeholders on topics including clinical pathways, reimbursement, and utilization management of cancer drugs. Our oncology business acumen training curriculum also explains the lasting and ongoing impact of COVID-19 on oncology practices, hospitals, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), and cancer patients, providing sales professionals with strategies to tailor their selling efforts.
With our dedication to keeping our content up-to-date and relevant, we have updated our modules to reflect the launch of the new 5-year payment and care delivery model, Enhancing Oncology Model (EOM). The EOM, which began on July 1, 2023, shares many goals of the previous Oncology Care Model (OCM), with a renewed focus on improving health equity.
We have updated and enhanced the following two eModules and eleven eBriefs that comprise our oncology business acumen training curriculum:
Oncology Business Acumen eModules (2)
- The Enhancing Oncology Model: An Evolving Framework for Care Coordination
- The Lasting Impact of COVID-19 on Your Oncology Customers
Oncology Clinical Pathways eBriefs (3)
- Understanding Clinical Pathways
- Developing Clinical Pathways
- Operationalizing Clinical Pathways
Oncology Utilization Management: Fast Facts/Summaries Series (8)
- Excluding Drugs from the Formulary
- Implementing Step Edits
- Increasing Patient Cost-Sharing and Using Tiered Formularies
- Managing to FDA Labeling
- Optimizing the Site of Care
- Prior Authorizations in Oncology
- Setting Quantity Limits and Using Split-Fill Programs
- Oncology Utilization Management: Using Case Management
Among updates covering the impact of COVID-19 on oncology practices and patients, we have added information about the Biden Administration’s February 2023 announcement that in-person visits would be required to obtain some prescription drugs, which impacts pandemic-era telehealth provisions.
Save your organization’s valuable time and resources with our customizable and always up-to-date eLearning content. Eliminate the need for extensive content development and minimize training delivery costs. Quickly and efficiently connect your team with the up-to-date information they need, maximizing productivity and minimizing time-to-competence. Contact CMR today.